Stir Fry on a budget
Okay, so here we are, fresh out of the parents’ place and you have a date coming over. Cool, no stress, you got this… except you already spent the last of your money on Skyrim. So with only R50.00 left to your name, how on earth do you impress the person of your dreams?
Well never fear, Misfit Munchies is here to rescue your date…
- All you have to do is check your cupboard. Right at the back of the cupboard that is. Grab those 2 Minute Noodles. That’s ingredient number one.
- Next thing you do is pop off to the shop for some veggies (Don’t cringe! They are good for you) any veggies will do. I like to use mushrooms, though they tend to be a little on the pricey side. I also really like sugar snap peas, baby corn, broccoli florets but honestly just go for what is on special.
- Grab a chicken breast or two while you are at it.
- Now before you start with the cooking, make sure you have all your things prepared. So chop that veg. Cut that chicken into strips (you can use clean kitchen scissors), and pop the noodles in the microwave and cook according to the instructions.
- Right, now you can grab a pan and place it on a medium to high heat, pour some unflavoured oil in the pan, sunflower, canola etc. you will know when the oil is ready when it starts to smoke. When this happens put your chicken strips in and brown them – this should take around 5 minutes.
- Next, add those veggies starting with the tougher ones first, carrots, broccoli etc. next up the softies, sugar snaps, mushrooms and the like. Add a dash of soy sauce or sweet chilli, coat it all well and toss in the noodles.
All that’s left is to serve and enjoy.